Heat Pump Installation
Heat pumps can be a great energy-efficient solution for your home. Casey Services wants your system to last a lifetime, run efficiently, and keep you comfortable.
Heat Pump Installation in Wake Forest, NC
How much does heat pump installation cost?
It varies. According to NC State Law, every heat pump system must go through tests and calculations before installation. The average cost for smaller homes is around $3,500 to $5,200. For larger homes, it’s around $10,500 to $18,900. Here’s how we determine the total cost of your heat pump installation and system:
Does home square footage increase my heat pump installation cost?
Heat pumps work by circulating and cooling air. Home square footage, ceiling height, stories – these things affect what type of unit you need and its tonnage size. Generally, the bigger the home and more stories, the bigger and pricier your system.
Different types of roofs, tree cover, siding, windows, and even colors affect just how much and how fast the sun will heat up your home. In the summer, more sunlight means your home is hotter, so you’ll need more cooling. And in the winter, less sunlight means your home is cooler, so you’ll need more heating.
Poor quality insulation allows more heat to escape your home in the winter. And in the summer, poor insulation allows more heat into your home. This results in you needing a bigger and pricier system, and it has to run longer, increasing your energy bill.
People generate heat. Depending on how many people, how long they’re inside, and how frequently they cook and shower, affect how much heat is added to your home. This results in you needing a bigger and pricier system that has to run longer, increasing your energy bill.
A cheaper unit costs less at first, but it’s likely lower quality, more expensive to run and service, and may die sooner. While a better system can cost more initially, it often costs less to run and service, and has a longer lifespan. Generally, getting a better quality heat pump with higher SEER can be cheaper over the total life of the unit.
Larger appliances like ovens, generators, TVs, and computers all generate heat. With these items constantly running, it could affect the size of the unit needed.
Schedule a Heat Pump Installation
Total Cost of Ownership
If you want the best overall value, then you need to know the total cost of ownership. In other words, what is the total cost of heat pump installation, service, maintenance, lifespan, and energy. Ask yourself:
How long do heat pumps last?
Heat pumps generally last about 15 years.
An improperly installed heat pump can break down or wear out easily in less than 3 years. And a lower-quality system may not last as long. However, with proper installation and maintenance, it may last longer. The key to a durable healthy system is proper heat pump installation and maintenance.
How often should I service my heat pump?
If you are using your heat pump for both heating and cooling, then maintenance service should be twice a year. Heating is checked in the fall and cooling is checked in the spring and both take at least an hour to do properly. This mitigates the risk of larger, more expensive repairs, and keeps your system running efficiently. Also, this is often required to keep your system under warranty.
How energy efficient is a heat pump?
Heat pumps are considered one of the most efficient heating and cooling systems available. That’s why many heat pumps can have a 20+ SEER rating!
Will it save me money each month? Each year?
That depends on your current HVAC system. Check the SEER or AFUE of your system, then compare with newer heat pumps. A high SEER & HSPF indicates high efficiency. Other factors like tonnage, ductwork, insulation, sunlight, etc., all play a major role in energy savings. On average though, a higher efficiency system can save up to 30% on energy costs.
NOTE – Heat pumps are normally highly efficient over ~40deg F. As the temperature drops below 40 deg F, you begin to lose more and more efficiency. The reason being is that the heat pump cannot produce heat fast enough.
Will a heat pump add value to my home?
Normally, yes! In today’s market, most people see 35%-50% of the heat pump’s price added to their home value, especially if you install an efficient heat pump system since it lowers the monthly energy cost. So a higher SEER, energy-efficient heat pump is a great investment. Kitchen styles come and go, but saving money is timeless!
Are energy efficient heat pumps tax deductible?
Each state is different. Check out the Energy Star website to see if you are eligible for any equipment tax credits.
Company & Process
“If you think it’s expensive to hire a professional, try hiring an amateur.” The price tag on a faulty heat pump installation can become much higher than you think! Loss of warranty or insurance coverage, permanent damage to the unit or your home, and hours of headaches can be easily avoided by hiring an expert.
Heat Pump Installation Process
Many companies offer heat pump installation services, but you need to be careful about who you choose. If a heat pump is installed incorrectly, it can cause serious long-term damage to your home. Our HVAC experts have installed thousands of heat pumps, so you can trust that we will do the job right — the first time.
- Load Calculation – We do load calculations based on the major factors affecting a home like size, insulation, sunlight, etc. These calculations are often referred to as Manuals J, S, T, & D.
- Consult – We discuss the HVAC needs of the home, as well as the comfort, energy savings, and system lifespan with the homeowner. And then we advise on the best heat pump for your budget and needs.
- Permits – We pull all necessary permits. Without the proper permits, your system cannot be inspected by the county. Also, in case of an electrical or system fire, insurance companies won’t cover any possible damages to your home. And usually manufacturers will not warranty an unpermitted installation.
- Removal – We remove your old unit (if there is one) and recycle the unit and freon. If someone is caught not properly recycling freon, it can result in a $10,000 fine due to its harmful environmental effects!
- Heat Pump Installation – We install the new system per the manufacturers specifications. No cutting corners, skipping valuable tests, or trying to skimp on materials like nitrogen or solder. This is very important! If the system is not installed properly, it will leak repeatedly, cut off repeatedly, or suffer serious problems within the first 5 years. And it may void the warranty.
- Test – We pump nitrogen through the system, which helps remove harmful moisture. If any moisture is left in the system, it will turn to acid and start eating through various parts. The nitrogen is kept at a high PSI to also test for any leaks.
- Retest – We then pull a vacuum on the system, sucking all the nitrogen and any contaminants out. Again, this keeps the system free of harmful moisture that would later acidize and destroy parts. And again, this allows us to test for any leaks.
- Inspection – Once approved by the inspector, we fire on the system and do our last test and calibrations.
Our Customers Love Us
See what our heat pump installation customers say about our systems and service.
Why American Standard
At Casey Services, we only install American Standard heat pumps. Here's why:
- Great warranty - American Standard has some of the best warranties in the industry. They offer limited life-time, 12 year compressor warranty, and 10 year on parts depending on the series.
- Fewer repairs - On average, American Standard has significantly fewer repairs than other brands.
- Energy efficient - American Standard offers high SEER ratings and ENERGY STAR rated systems. This means a more energy efficient system that will cost less to run each month.
- Variable speed heating and cooling - IMPORTANT: This saves money and increases lifespan, efficiency, and comfort. This allows the heat pump to work at different speeds. So instead of going from working at 100% to 0%, it can vary its output.
- Excellent warranty - American Standard’s warranty policy is superior to other leading brands.
- Multi-system linking - American Standard has a wide variety of heating and cooling systems that work together, delivering you maximum efficiency.
- Quiet operation - System operates at a much lower noise level than other brands.
American Standard Heat Pumps
What type of system is best for your home? Compare options and check out some of the features and benefits of American Standard Heat Pumps.
American Standard’s most efficient and powerful heat pump system. Click here to read more about the Platinum Series features and benefits.
- Price starts $3,745
- Up to 20.00 SEER and 10HSPF
- Maximizes comfort while lowering the operating cost
- Less on and off cycling
- Ultra-precise temperature control
- Can see improved heating capacity by 20%
- Ultra-quiet design
- Awarded "Most Efficient" by ENERGY STAR in 2019
These units are super-efficient and run smoothly no matter the weather.
- Price starts at $3,355
- Uses environmentally friendly refrigerant
- Can see savings of 56%
- If purchasing the complete system you may be able to receive a federal energy tax credit
A very durable and reliable heat pump you can count on.
- Price starts at $2,055
- Can save up to 50% on your energy usage
- If purchasing a complete system, then you might be eligible to receive a federal energy tax credit
- Quiet design
- Uses environmentally friendly refrigerant
- Extra protection against harsh elements